Location: Timisoara, Romania
Training dates: 20-24 November 2023
Travel dates: 20 and 25 November 2023
Application deadline: 5 October 2023
Selection announcement: 12 October 2023
Are you eager to kick-start your journey in the field of Youth Information? The YIntro -Stepping into Youth Information training course is designed specifically for beginners like you. This course covers the fundamental knowledge and skills essential for youth information work, serving as your gateway to this exciting field. Whether you are new to the profession or seeking to strengthen your foundational knowledge, YIntro is the perfect stepping stone.
- Comprehensive coverage of key areas in youth information;
- Delivered by experts with extensive national and international training experience;
- Based on the proven success of ERYICA’s training programs;
- Delivered in a face-to-face learning environment for maximum interaction.
Call for Participants
YIntro is structured around four core areas, which encompass the essential aspects of youth information work and will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to make a positive impact in this field. You can find further information on the ERYICA website.
Aims of the course:
- To introduce the relevant areas, competences and skills of youth information;
- To offer a basic course to newcomers to the field of youth information;
- To enhance a common quality framework within the ERYICA Network;
- To provide a coherent route to competence as a first step into youth information work, which can be followed by advanced modules covering certain areas in more depth.
Profile of participants
- Recently begun working in the field of youth information and counselling;
- Is staff, volunteer, peer mentor or other worker who has contact with young people and provide information and guidance services in a range of settings such as youth centres, youth information centres, information points and youth clubs.
- Has a sufficient level of English to complete the course (min. B2 in oral communication).
Number of participants
- Up to 25 places;
- If there are more applicants than available places, the seats will be distributed based on compliance with the profile of participants, motivation, commitment to youth information work, ERYICA membership type and geographical and gender balance.
Travel costs of participants will be reimbursed in line with the regulations of the Erasmus+ Programme – Mobility of Youth Workers, for eligible countries. Besides travel, participation and accommodation with full board will be covered by the project.
Eligible travel costs are the following:
- For travel distances between 0 and 99 KM: up to 23 EUR per participant;
- For travel distances between 100 and 499 KM: up to 180 EUR per participant (210 EUR for green travel);
- For travel distances between 500 and 1999 KM: up to 275 EUR per participant (320 EUR for green travel);
- For travel distances between 2000 and 2999 KM: up to 360 EUR per participant (410 EUR for green travel);
- For travel distances between 3000 and 3999 KM: up to 530 EUR per participant (610 EUR for green travel).
Green travel is defined as using low-emissions means of transport for the main part of the travel, such as bus, train or car-pooling. Distances are calculated according to the Erasmus+ distance calculator.
How to apply?
Fill in the online application form by 5 October 2023 the latest. We encourage early applications, as spaces are limited.
Successful applicants and you will be notified by 12 October, 2023.
If you have any questions about the training course, contact Imre Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us in Timisoara for an inspiring learning experience that will prepare you for your career in youth information!